Ready for gig
Dirty dealing before school
And we started
Talk about weather affect our trees
Then trees critique
Then shohin display talk
And at the very end shohin bonsai display practice
Finally we have got three different displays
Saturday 24th November 2018 10am to 4 pm
• Introduction and seasonal issues discussion. This will be a starting point for all school sessions to cover any worries members are having with their trees and how to cope with what the weather is throwing at us.
• Show and Tell Crtitiques
• Members who are willing, bring a tree and tell us about it. This will then be critiqued
• Winter Preparation
• We look at why trees are vulnerable in winter and how to protection them.
• Shohin Display Gallery
• Powerpoint Gallery looking at shohin in exhibition and what guidelines are used for display.
• Shohin Display Practical
• As a group we will use a shohin rack stand and trees to play with the concepts learned in the gallery.
• Members please bring your shohin trees and stands to give us lots of options.
• Pot Selection
• Powerpoint and Discussion looking at options to consider when selecting a pot for our trees.
• An extra school topic in case we have time. Power point looking at deadwood in nature and on trees explaining what we are trying to achieve when we use deadwood on our trees.
Last Saturday we head another meeting i “Bud” garden center in Bunratty. Small group of attended but busy as usually. Ray worked on his horbeam making decisions to improve it and make future plan. Paul has got lovely nestle spruce worked by Piotr, with basic structure set up. Next step this year will be Bonsai school day with Ian Young in Brurre. All welcome.
Looking forward to this school day where we will look at the world of Shohin Bonsai trees. Shohin refers to trees up to 20cm in height. Ian will discuss their care, development and styling, how to display them alone and in groups.
Also, we cover the jobs and tasks of the moment and the months ahead.
tomorrow week is bonsai time again in bud