Thank you Ian for shearing your time and knowledge with us. Thank you Michael for let us use your venue and thank you all for fantastick day.
Ready for gig
Dirty dealing before school
And we started
Talk about weather affect our trees
Then trees critique
Then shohin display talk
And at the very end shohin bonsai display practice
Finally we have got three different displays
Saturday 24th November 2018 10am to 4 pm
• Introduction and seasonal issues discussion. This will be a starting point for all school sessions to cover any worries members are having with their trees and how to cope with what the weather is throwing at us.
• Show and Tell Crtitiques
• Members who are willing, bring a tree and tell us about it. This will then be critiqued
• Winter Preparation
• We look at why trees are vulnerable in winter and how to protection them.
• Shohin Display Gallery
• Powerpoint Gallery looking at shohin in exhibition and what guidelines are used for display.
• Shohin Display Practical
• As a group we will use a shohin rack stand and trees to play with the concepts learned in the gallery.
• Members please bring your shohin trees and stands to give us lots of options.
• Pot Selection
• Powerpoint and Discussion looking at options to consider when selecting a pot for our trees.
• An extra school topic in case we have time. Power point looking at deadwood in nature and on trees explaining what we are trying to achieve when we use deadwood on our trees.
Some pictures from second day with Peter
Some pictures from first day with Peter Warren
Good morning Munster bonsai just a quick update about our upcoming workshop with Peter Warren.Saturday starting time is ten o’clock and finishing about five and Sunday it’s nine to four o’clock.anybody who is doing both days can leave there trees over night on the Saturday,they will be locked away to save anyone dragging trees both days.Saturday night we will take Peter Warren out for a meal in limerick city(New crowned champions)so everyone is welcome.it’s a good chance to get to know Peter.Cheers👍
Also Ray from bud garden centre will have some bonsai merchandise for sale on Saturday and Sunday wire pots soil etc
See you there all.